Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

World's 2nd richest man donates $44bn to Bill Gates' Charity

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:56 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: World's 2nd richest man donates $44bn to Bill Gates' Charity Reply with quote

Link is [ here ]

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police TAX DODGE Police

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gates is retiring soon to do more charity work. My arse. He will be looking after other super-rich people through his charity.

Rookie
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to be cynical, isn't it. Rolling Eyes

Remember he's giving away 85% of his fortune, so he's got about $7800000000 left, which is enough to fund a small country or last 1 person a thousand lifetimes. It's an unimaginable amount of money, and I'd like to think it's the start of a change in the winds. If Gates and this guy both give away all their money to causes in the 3rd world, and it all goes to the right places, it's going to have a truly massive impact.

veeeffarr
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Bill Gates plans to give his fortune away before he dies as well.

I don't see why he gets loads of bad press, he seems to be a really decent, normal guy.

Oh yeah, that's right, because he realise a really popular operating system that everyone uses Rolling Eyes

m99dws
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 28 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealousy is terrible innit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 11:39 - 29 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
If Gates and this guy both give away all their money to causes in the 3rd world, and it all goes to the right places, it's going to have a truly massive impact.

They might end up with a better army than ours
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar

PostPosted: 11:43 - 29 Jun 2006    Post subject: Re: World's 2nd richest man donates $44bn to Bill Gates' Cha Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:
World's 2nd richest man donates $44bn to Bill Gates' Charity

Thank God for that. I can now sleep at night.

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler

PostPosted: 12:07 - 29 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see peoples problems with Bill Gates either.

If he had kept all his money he'd get slated, he's giving it mostly to charitys and he's also getting slated. What does he need to do to win?

It's not his fault that Microsoft came up with the only operating system your nan can use.

Before anyone says that Gates has nothing to do with it anyway, research the first days of Microsoft.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 23:56 - 29 Jun 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

American businessmen have a long and proud tradition of philanthropy, it's quite impressive really. We could all sit around and sneer because this guy is still obscenely wealthy by our standards, but the fact remains that noone could have made him do this, he chose to give away the majority of his assets to improve the lot of others.

On a smaller scale, many of us would baulk at giving away a similar proportion of our disposable income, and I doubt we would consider ourselves tax-dodging skinflints for doing so!

Fair play fella.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:19 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the 3rd world is not the lack of money but what the governement do with the money and aid they get from charitys.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 14:07 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
The problem with the 3rd world is not the lack of money but what the governement do with the money and aid they get from charitys.

Agreed.

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 17:15 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sule, they sent us four billion dollars in aid"
"Wonderful Osakwe, thing of the war we can have with the cunts next door now."

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 18:50 - 07 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
What does he need to do to win?

why should he be allowed to win ?

he is rich
we are jealous
end of

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 10:55 - 08 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should let him buy Africa. As much as everyone seems to hate him, he can't be that bad at business and running a big organisation. He can't be that bad at running a country. Even without all the money he has, he might be able to make a big difference because of who/what he knows.

Hope it goes well for the guy Thumbs Up

Rick.

Mister James
I want to believe!

PostPosted: 12:27 - 08 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, fixing Africa will involve killing a lot of Dusky-Coloured Gentlemen (ie the goons currently in charge, and all their gunmen) before you can get started properly.

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd dare say Bill Gates is in a postion to do that. With the kind of money he has available, and he's not tied down by any political issues. He can do what he wants.

They say ex-sas soldiers are making £1k a day in Iraq now. I'm sure they'd go do some dirty work for Mr Gates for the same money in Africa.

If it's something he genuinely wants to do, I really think he could make a difference. Providing he doesn't just throw all the money at the corrupt/inefficient governments and charities already out there.

Rick.

numark1
Scared of girls

PostPosted: 09:44 - 11 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickHolt wrote:
They say ex-sas soldiers are making £1k a day in Iraq now. I'm sure they'd go do some dirty work for Mr Gates for the same money in Africa.

A bit off topic but its not that much, still quite a lot but it is really dangerous.

My dad was gonna do it but some kind of consultancy so not like a body guard but he knew about 10 people that went over to do it and 7 of them got killed in the first week.

Never hear about stuff like that. Confused

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Ex SAS fighting in the name of Jihad?

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get it, just seen a news report...

This means then that British fatalities are actually a lot worse than than news and Armed forces would have us believe.

Private armies, eh... Fuck me.

Thank fuck I'm too old for conscription, heh heh.

"they gonna take you before they take me!"

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 14:27 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toby R wrote:

I don't see why he gets loads of bad press, he seems to be a really decent, normal guy.

Business practices where at one point he was paying something ridiculous like $1m a day in fines because he was continuing to break the law to further his software.

Also things like the case where he got done for anti-competitive behaviour, but managed to wangle the fines to be paid as 'free' software given to schools etc.
So as a punishment for anti-competitive behavior, he gets to ensure the next generation of computer users are using his product? Hmm.

killa
Won't Shut Up

PostPosted: 16:29 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just confirms what Toby said G.

Any other fucker would do it.

plugger147
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 12 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be people don't like him because he's forced on people, how many people know that you don't have to use windows on their pc, I didn't have a clue there were other os's for the first 3 years I owned a pc.

I heard on the news that they are now withdrawing support for 98 and 98 me forcing people to upgrade to xp,Some smart arsed os company could make a fortune if they pulled there finger out of there arses now.

Africa would just be swapping one dictator for another and bill gates would have the biggest army on the globe. Shocked Laughing Laughing

RickHolt
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:52 - 14 Jul 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about Tony Blair working for Bill Gates when he's finished with politics here?

Not sure where I read it but thought it was a bit interesting. Maybe Bill Gates does have something big in mind. Looks all innocent him doing charity work in other countries, there's loads of people buying their own small islands just off other countries, Mr Gates is going a step further and buying the full thing.

Good luck to the guy, should help alot of people along the way, and will be much more efficient than all the charities out there now.

Rick.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 328 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1